the church there are numerous statues, sculpturesque
jewels between the altars and beautiful stuccoes decorations. But the most beautiful statue is
the one representing the Madonna della Neve the patron
saint of Giarratana.
In the same street, but in the
lower part of Corso Umberto, before the town hall (built
in 1812 and inaugurated in 1837) stands stately the fašade
of the mother church in a late renaissance style. The
most peculiar element in the outer part is the left bell-tower
(for those watching it from corso Umberto) which stands
alone after the collapse of the twin right bell-tower.
The most original architectural element is the beautiful
square tower with a clock. The first works for the
construction of the mother church started in 1696, by
order of Traiano Settimo; the apse, the dome and the side aisles
date back to that period.