in Terravecchia (the old land)
In the old Giarratana there are very few
traces of seventeenth century art. The apse is the only
remaining part of the church of SantAntonio.
Nothing is left of the church of Santa Maria della
Mercede which was rebuilt in 1622 on the ruins of the
Pilgrim Hospital by Francesco Ortega. Two more churches
were completely destroyed: the church of Annunziata
dedicated to San Nicoḷ and the one built by order of
the Baron Carlo Settimo in 1564 dedicated to San Michele.